Best Gas Grills Under 300 Reviews, Tips & Guides
A grilling machine is an ideal item for those who love partying with BBQ, smoked salmon, beef or chicken. Having the best grilling machine means you can have enjoyable weekends with your relatives and friends. Nevertheless, without careful consideration, you are likely to pay a fortune to get one gas grill. Do not worry. There are The Best Gas Grills Under 300 Dollars if you take a close look at the market.
Besides cooking space, portability, cleaning options and temperature, a gas grill is advantageous, as it does not need electricity like an electric smoker or grill. You can carry a gas grill any place you like as long as you have a propane tank.
Top 8 Best Gas Grills Under 300 Reviews
There are many propane grills that can be used outdoors and in your backyard. Some may say an electric grill is as effective as a gas one. However, imagine holding a party outdoors without worrying about finding a plug for your grill, how good is it? That is the reason why I highly recommend using a gas grill.
But even when you have made up your mind, there is still a big problem. Which gas grill should you opt for? There are too far many famous names on the market to find the best gas grill that can meet all your needs. And that is why we have this article. We have collected the top 10 best gas grill under 300 dollars that we think can easily meet the requirements of different customers, even the strictest. Following this, we have some factors necessary when choosing a gas grill to clarify all your doubts. We hope that after reading this article, you can find the best gas grill for yourself.
1. Char-Broil Classic 280 – Best 2-Burner Liquid Propane Gas Grill
- 280 square inches of cooking space over porcelain-coated grates
- Two stainless steel in-line burners for cooking performance;Assembly Required
This gas grill from Char-Broil is the perfect option for those who are considering buying a 2-burner gas grill for many reasons. First of all, this best gas grill under 300 dollars is well loved for its portability. So you can move it anywhere you like. Besides, it is user-friendly and can help you prepare meat or fish for 6 people at the same time thanks to a sizeable cooking space of 280 square inches.
The gas grill comes with distinctive porcelain-coated grates, so you do not have to worry about food sticking and cleaning. Moreover, porcelain material makes sure the grates are rustproof and easy to clean. As for heat, it releases 20,000 BTU through a Piezo ignition system when starting the grill. Moreover, there are two metal side shelves that h are 12 inches wide and 13.5 inches deep. Thanks to such shelves, you can put your cooking tools and ingredients and thus prepare food comfortably.
Two inline burners made of stainless steel have the optimal durability and enduring performance. The heat control system of this gas grill is much effective than conventional burners. To enhance the portability, the grill comes with two fixed legs for standing and two legs of 6-inch digital wheel. In terms of capacity, the grill enables you to handle 12 pieces of meat at the same time. Finally the 2-burner gas grill comes at an affordable price, so if you are on a tight budget, this gas grill is a perfect option.
- Releases 20,000 BTU’s of heat
- Comes with porcelain-coated grates
- Has a large cooking space of 280 square inches
- Two in-line burners made of stainless steel
- Built in Piezo ignition system
- Provided high-quality metal size shelves
- The gas grill comes with no instruction or recipe book free of charge
2. Cuisinart CGG180 CGG-180 Petit Gourmet Gas Grill with VeraStand
- 160-SQUARE-INCH PORCELAIN ENAMELED COOKING GRATE: 160-square-inches of porcelain enameled grates give you a spacious cooking surface is able accommodate lots of food at one time while still distributing heat evenly and efficiently.
- 5, 500 BTU BURNER: Features a 5, 500 BTU burner, a twist to start electric ignition and precision temperature gauge to give you the ultimate temperature control.
For those who are keen on cooking and on a tight budget, this gas grill from Cuisinart will be your best choice. Not only does it come at 300 dollars, the gas grill is even less than 200 dollars. So if you want to save a bit, why don’t you choose this wonderful gas grill?
When it comes to portability, this best gas grill under 300 dollars has the measurements of 19 x 11.5 x 10 inches (with stand) and weighs only 17 pounds, which means you can transport it very easily. Moreover, with such measurements, the grill can be placed on decks, patios, balconies, camping and many other positions. It is designed in a way that you can use it as a freestanding one. If you intend to hold a party, this grill is perfect for 4 to 6 people at the same time comfortably.
Some may feel afraid of setting up and breaking down the gas grill, but in fact, this gas grill is too far easy to handle. You can set it up and pack it within seconds. There is a lid lock and a briefcase-style carrying handle, making transporting and securing the product is very simple and fast. The 160-square-inch cooking grate made of porcelain provides users with a spacious surface so that they can place a lot of food on it while the heat still releases evenly.
The gas grill also comes with a 5,500 BTU burner, a twist to start electric ignition and precision temperature device so you can control the temperature comfortably. Furthermore, the grill includes drip tray to make sure there is no grease or drippings left and a gas regulator to control the flow of gas. Finally, the item is backed by a three-year limited warranty, which means it has a long-lasting performance.
- Comes with 5,500 BTU grilling burner
- 160-square-inch grilling surface
- Easy-start electric ignition
- Spacious grate made of porcelain
- The grate can be washed by dishwasher
- Comes with an integrated lid lock
- Lightweight (17 pounds) and easy to transport thanks to a pronounced briefcase style carrying handle
There are no shelves
3. Blackstone 1554 Cooking 4 Burner Flat Top Gas Grill Propane Fuelled Restaurant Grade Professional Outdoor Griddle Station
- Rear grease - Blackstone has updated the grease Management on this unit. All units now have the newly improved rear grease Management. You may receive a rear grease or a front grease drain.
- Replace your standard grill - replace your grill or BBQ with a Blackstone griddle and never look back! This grill is simple to use and easy to assemble, so you'll be cooking in no time. Eliminate the hassle of kerosene, charcoal and matches; this grill includes an easy start, Battery powered push button ignition. With the simple push of a button your griddle is ready to go! Take the headache away from outdoor cooking and spend more time enjoying the outdoors
One of the best gas grill comes at under 300 dollars is Blackstone 1554 Cooking 4 Burner Flat Top Gas Grill. This wonderful grill is extremely easy to assemble. There is an ignition button that runs on battery. With this feature, the grill can get ready for your dishes immediately.
You can adjust four heating levels built in this grill in order to cook many kinds of food at the same time. Do not worry if the food may get burnt. Whether you hold a small or big party, the four separate burners of this grill with temperature settings from low to high are sufficient for all guests. Moreover, the griddle top can be removed with ease. As for the wheels of this gas grill, it comes with four caster wheels that are superb strong. Two of them are lockable to make sure the grill does not move around when being used.
As all of the four burners are made of stainless steel, their strength and performance are surely the best. Finally the thick surface made of rolled steel ensures heat retention and distribution are optimal.
- Releases 60,000 BTUs of heat
- Comes with a push-button ignition that runs on battery
- Comes with flat griddle made of stainless steel
- Equipped with four adjustable heat zones
- Four burners made of solid stainless steel
- Comes with four caste wheels that are industrially strong
- One of the best gas grill under 300 dollars
- It takes some minutes to heat the griddle
4. Char-Griller E3001 Grillin’ Pro 40,800-BTU Gas Grill
- PREMIUM LIQUID PROPANE GAS GRILL - 40,800 BTU 3 Burner Gas BBQ Grill with a 12,000 BTU side burner makes grilling exceptional barbecue at home easy
- CONSISTENT AND EVEN HEAT - Three burners with independent control knobs deliver continuous and balanced heat across the grilling area
Are you looking for a spacious grilling area? This best gas grill under 300 dollars is undoubtedly the perfect option for you. First of all, it is made of steel and powered coated for the most enduring outdoor activities. The grill weighs under 100 pounds and comes with wheels so that you can move the grill the yard when needed easily.
Regarding burning capacity, the grill releases 40,800 BTU’s whereas the side burner provides 12,000 BTU’s. On the main grill, the cooking surface is 438 square inches, but the gas grill still has more to offer. The warming rack is 192 square inches so that you can have a superb sizeable cooking area. When it comes to the cooking grates, they are made of cast-iron and coated with porcelain, so you can rest assured that they give you a convenient cooking experience. You can also use the side shelf as a prep workspace.
The electric ignition is a big plus. Once you light the grill and adjust the 40,800 BTU’s temperature, the food can get ready extremely fast. If you hate waiting, this best gas grill under 300 dollars is the right choice. Furthermore, the grill has a heavy steel construction along with a powder coated finish, offering optimal durability.
- Kicks out 40,800 BTU’s of heat
- Comes with a large grilling area of 438 square inches
- Comes in a heavy steel construction
- Includes a 192-square-inch warming rack that delivers 12,000 BTU’s of heat
- Straightforward electronic ignition
- Weighs under 100 pounds
- Comes with two attached wheels
- Has side shelf
- You have to clean and maintain the grilling grates carefully
5. Weber 54060001 Q2200 Liquid Propane Grill
- Total cooking area = 280 Square Inches
- Stainless steel burner puts out 12,000 BTU-per-hour
One of the best gas grill under 300 dollars that must be mentioned in this article is Weber 54060001 Q2200 Liquid Propane Grill. It has many outstanding features that you cannot ignore. To start with, the cooking area of the grill is 280 square inches, large enough for you to place all your favorite food. Imagine enjoying a meal of many delicious foods ranging from hotdogs, burgers or fish fillet in an evening. It will be a pleasant experience with relatives and friends. And having this best gas grill will make this wonderful dream come true.
When it comes to heating, the burner made of stainless steel can deliver 12,000 BTU’s every hour, enabling you to cook continuously and enjoy your party until late at night. As for the cooking grates, they are made of cast iron and coated with porcelain, so you can rest assured that they can last for long and offer the best performance.
The grill also comes with a high lid that supports you in the grilling of small birds and roasts. Moreover, a built-in thermometer helps you adjust temperatures inside the grill. While the cooking area is spacious, the grill is lightweight enough to move around. Although the grill works well with LP cylinders, you can also use it with an LP adapter hose for tanks of 20 pounds. Finally, the sleek design of this gas grill under 300 dollars plays the key role in making it a valuable investment.
- Delivers 12,000 BTU every hour
- Comes with a large grill area of 280 square inches
- Built-in thermometer for precise temperature
- Cast-iron grilling grates coated with porcelain
- Comes with cast-aluminum lid
- Includes glass-reinforced nylon frame
- Infinite control burner valve
- Comes with ergonomic grip side handle
- There are cooking options of grate and griddle
- Not an ideal choice for a large family and big parties
6. Royal Gourmet PD1300 Portable 3-Burner Propane Gas Grill
- Adjustable Burner: 3 separately controlled burners with 9,000 BTU each, up to 27,000 BTU cooking power and achieve even heat distribution fast
- 316 Square Inches: Detachable porcelain enameled flat top offers 316 sq. in. cooking area measured 23.6’’ L x 13.4’’ W and 3.5 mm thickness. 15 patties can be cooked altogether at once
This best gas grill under 300 dollars comes with three burners that can be monitored individually. Each burner delivers 9,000 BTU’s, which means the total output can be up to 27,000 BTU while the heat is still distributed evenly. When it comes to the cooking area, the removable flat top of the grill is made of stainless steel, offering users the optimal durability. Besides, it is enameled porcelain, which also adds more strength to the gas grill. The cooking surface is 316 square inches with the measurements of 23.6’’ L x 13.4’’ W and the thickness of 3.5 mm. All these features enable users with cooking 15 patties altogether at the same time.
Another interesting point of this gas grill is Piezo ignition. Just a simple push then the griddle is ready for your cooking. So you now can cook faster. As for the control panel made of stainless steel, this high-grade panel provides you with the optimal durability. Are you worried about cleaning after grilling parties? This best gas grill under 300 dollars comes with a side detachable grease drip cup, making cleaning the easiest job ever. Finally, the grill comes in portable design so that you can use it for picnics or camping without difficulty.
- Comes with 3 separately monitored burners
- Delivers up to 27,000 BTU’s of heat
- Comes with a large cooking area of 325.9 square inches
- Non-stick and porcelain coated flat griddle
- There is a control panel made of stainless steel with Piezo ignition system
- Ideal for various items
- There is only griddle function
7. Pit Boss Grills 75275 Stainless Steel Two-Burner Portable Grill
- 430 stainless Steel body and lid construction and 304 stainless Steel grid construction
- Two 10,000 BTU burner design delivers the perfect amount of heat for grilling and searing
Among the best gas grills under 300 dollars, this 75275 Stainless Steel Two-Burner Portable Grill is the most excellent from Pit Boss. The grill is made of stainless steel so that it has the optimal durability. Besides, the cooking area of the grill is 276 square inches, adequate for an enjoyable day with delicious meals.
Regarding heating, the grill is well known for its extremely fast heating with two burners that can deliver 10,000 BTU’s. Moreover, the heat is evenly distributed, making sure your food can be cooked nicely. Looking at the design of the gas grill, it is compact and thus easy to carry. Not to mention, the gas grill comes with folding legs, increasing its portability. As for the handle, it is large and durable. The ignition button is built to enhance lightness.
This best gas grill under 300 dollars can be used for many occasions ranging from home parties, tailgate celebrations, camping to travelling. With many outstanding features of cooking area, lightness and design, the gas grill is definitely an ideal choice for you.
- 430 stainless steel body and lid
- Comes with two burners that deliver 10,000 BTU’s each
- Comes with folding legs and latching hood
- Built in easy-twist ignition button with dome thermometer
- Lightweight and easy to carry
- Strong locking mechanism is not provided
8. Char-Broil Classic 360 3-Burner Liquid Propane Gas Grill
- 360 square inches of cooking space over porcelain-coated grates. Convectional cooking system
- 170 square inch porcelain-coated swing-a-way rack for warming
Another best gas grill under 300 dollars is Char-Broil Classic 360. It comes with three burners that enable to deliver 30,000 BTU’s of heat. The main cooking area provides a large space of 360 square inches. Besides, the grates are enameled porcelain, making sure they are rustproof and easy to clean or cook food.
This gas grill also has two metal side shelves so that you have more prep space and handle more tasks. There are two fixed and two wheels of 6 inches each that provide users with portability and stability. Moreover, the piezo ignition makes the user start the heat fast and comfortably. The in-line burners promise to have a long-lasting performance thanks to being made of stainless steel. Finally, the steel firebox and lid are porcelain-enameled, meaning that this best gas grill under 300 dollars can withstand under harsh weather conditions.
- Made of stainless steel and coated with porcelain, enhancing the durability and cooking results
- Heat is delivered evenly
- Provides users with a large cooking space
- Comes with a large warming rack
- Piezo ignition helps fast startup
- You have to try some times to get the optimal heat settings
Buying guides – How Should You Choose The Best Gas Grills Under 300 Dollars?
Now that you have gone through eight best gas grills under 300 dollars, have you already made up your mind? Some of them even come at under 200 dollars. If you are on a tight budget, you can easily opt for one of them. One thing you should take into account is that all the grills listed here offer the equal performance.
However, there are some features that you should take into consideration before making the final decision. The market is full of excellent gas grills. Therefore, learning about the main factors in making a gas grill the best one is very important.
1. Cooking Space
If you intend to host plenty of big parties or if you live in an extended family, then what you need is a gas grill that has a spacious cooking surface. A large cooking area enables you to cook different kinds of food that can accommodate 8-9 people. That is to say, the grill should have a space up to 500 square inches.
2. How Many Burners
A gas grill that come with many burners give you the chance to cook different kinds of food at the same time. Imagine grilling meat and vegetables at two temperatures at once. How convenient it is! Nevertheless, bear in mind that a gas grill with more burners means a higher cost. If you need a budget-friendly option, do not go for a gas grill with more than 2 burners.
If you look for a gas grill because you want to hold big parties regularly, the one with three or four burners is an ideal choice. But if a single- or two-burner grill burner is adequate, do not spend too much money on a three-burner one. Besides, those with high quality are undeniably more costly.
3. Heating Level or BTU
The acronym BTU – British Thermal Unit shows the amount of power that you need to rise the temperature of a pound of water by one degree F. Therefore, you have to take this factor into account when thinking about how much time you need for cooking a meal. A grill that can deliver high BTU in synonymous with a high price as it uses more power. Do not get me wrong. If your gas grill delivers lower BTU, it does not mean it is bad quality. Many gas grills with low BTU offer the optimal performance, and you can cook all the meat you like at the same time.
If you plan to carry your gas grill for a far journey or if you want to put it into a recreational vehicle, the level of portability of the gas grill is undoubtedly important. You should also go for a grill that can be easily stored after being used. Besides those taking up small space can be more portable than those needing a large space of cooking area are.
In general, best gas grills under 300 dollars are made of 420 stainless steel, so they are very durable and rustproof. As gas grills are mainly used for parties outdoors, this feature is very important. Those made of this material or similar ones enable you to cook food in all kinds of weather conditions and situations without being damaged. Nevertheless, bear in mind that large gas grills made of stainless steel might be a little heavy, so transporting them needs quite effort. If you buy a gas grill with 2 or 4 commercial-grade wheels, then moving it around will not be a problem at all.
FAQs – Frequently Asked Questions
1. Who invented the first gas grill?
Who invented the first gas grill? This is a question that has been debated over for years as most people don’t really know who invented something that is so handy. The truth of the matter is that the gas grills or charcoal grills are very simple items that were brought to the market by one of the greatest innovators in our time, a man named Samuel Smoot. Most people don’t even realize that this man was the one that invented the very first gas barbeque grill! The first thing that Smoot did was go around and gather together all the tools and supplies that he could use to make his new invention. Once he gathered them up, he took them to his little gas station and set them all on the counter to cook! It was a very crude gas grill and it worked pretty much the same way back then that it does now! The only difference was that there were no burners and the whole thing was much simpler. After a while, Smoot continued to create more gas grills, the first being the black iron variety. These first grills didn’t have burners because they weren’t able to heat the meat properly and they also didn’t brown the outside evenly. Because of this, people began to think that Smoot was creating the first gas grill which turned out to be quite unfair because Smoot was the genius behind the entire concept! However, he did continue to work on the product and create new models that would become some of the best grills in the world! Now you know who invented the first gas grill!
2. What percentage of American homes own gas grills?
The percentage of American homes that own gas grills is almost seventy percent and climbing. Many people love the convenience of gas cooking as well as saving money in the process. We all want to save money, but the question many ask themselves is how much should I save with my gas grill purchase? Below we will provide some information to assist you in making your final decision. When you are talking about what percentage of American homes own gas grills, there are a lot of things to consider before you make that big purchase. If you live in an area where it does not get cold very often, you should look at buying a gas grill that has a backup heater to keep you warm. The main reason most people buy a gas grill is because they enjoy the convenience. You can cook your meals while standing in front of the oven or you can pull up right behind the grill and start cooking. It really does not matter where you plan on using your gas grill as long as you remember to purchase one that is suited for your needs. You also need to consider how often you plan on cooking your meals and whether or not you have a space that is large enough to house a gas grill. If you live in a condominium complex or an apartment building and there is not a lot of room for a large gas grill, you should consider purchasing a smaller unit that is close by. The small ones usually run for around eight hundred dollars, give or take a couple hundred, and they are perfect for those who like to cook and are always on the go. You can still cook great meals on a smaller unit and if you choose, you can always use your larger gas grills when you have a few minutes to kill.
3. What is the national average cost for a gas grill?
What is the national average cost for a gas grill? The national average is the price that you would pay for the average unit of gas in your area. This is important to consider when you are looking into purchasing a new appliance because some appliances can be more expensive than others depending on where you live and how much usage you get from it. For example, if you live in an area where there are many large-scale commercial grill vendors then you are likely to pay more for one than if you had purchased from a local vendor. Another thing that can affect the price is the size of the unit as well as the brand. What is the national average cost for a gas grill? In the United States it would be about $125 per year. The average is based on a number of different factors which include where you live as well as what you use the grill for. In most instances, the Internet will be able to provide you with a more accurate answer for your question of what is the national average cost for a gas grill. One of the factors that go into this calculation is the average number of people who use the appliance each year and the estimated number of years that it is expected to be used before it will need to be replaced. What is the national average cost for a gas grill in your area? The Internet can provide you with a lot of information when you are asking yourself “what is the national average cost for a gas grill?” The Internet is also a great resource if you are looking for ways to save money. For example, if you find a website that offers gas grills for less than $100, you might want to take advantage of this by purchasing it online. This can often times save you a significant amount of money.
As a party enthusiast, you may want to buy a grill so that you can hold numerous parties with family, friends or even your neighbors. Think about a grilling party in which you can cook many kinds of food ranging from beef, chicken to fish fillet while enjoying the music with others. It would be a Saturday or Sunday evening. The experience will be so great that you would like to keep holding parties.
Between a gas grill and an electric grill, the small difference lies in how convenient it is. If you purchase an electric grill, then make sure you have ways for your grill to keep working for long hours outdoors. That is to say, you need a socket. However, going for a gas grill, you do not have to do so. All you need is a space to grill your meat. Therefore, a gas grill is a better option.
Some people feel hesitant to buy their own gas grills because they think these tools cost a fortune. Yet there are a great number of options that come at under 300 dollars. These gas grills do provide users with the best performance at a more affordable price range than their expensive counterparts with equally high quality. In this article, we have chosen some best gas grills under 300 dollars for you. They all have different features and functions, and you can choose the one that meets your needs most. Those who plan to hold small parties should purchase a compact 2-burner gas grill as it is good enough at a reasonable price. Only when you have big parties do you need to buy 3- or 4-burner gas grills. We hope that after reading the article, you now can make the final decision on buying one of the best gas grills under 300 dollars.