Best Bean To Cup Coffee Machines Reviews, Tips & Guides
Lovers of good coffee, this comparison of bean coffee makers is dedicated to you. The bean coffee maker is the machine that comes closest to a bar coffee and is truly designed for coffee enthusiasts with a fine palate.
In addition to reducing your waste by eliminating plastic or aluminum pods, this type of machine allows you to taste good coffees bought in bulk for example, but also to be able to adjust the aromas and the fineness of grinding as you see fit. Discover without further delay the ranking of the Best Bean to Cup Coffee Machines.
Top 10 Best Bean to Cup Coffee Machines Reviews
1. The Saeco Xelsis SM7683 / 00, for the ultra high-end
Users greatly value the performance of the model, from the flavor of the coffee it serves to the many drinks that can be prepared, including the practicality and maintenance. An overwhelming majority of consumers, over 85%, give this device the highest rating. Obviously, they note that performance comes at a price, both at a high price (almost 1000 euros…) and in terms of size, the coffee machine being particularly bulky.
- Quality construction with stainless steel front
- Up to 15 different drinks can be prepared
- Control is via an intuitive touchscreen
- Modify your coffee with the Coffee Equalizer
- The price
- Its size
2. The DeLonghi ECAM23, for extreme personalization
Although this model will not suit all budgets, it is definitely one of the best bean coffee makers around! Reserved for numerous and demanding users, this machine seeks high-end products.
- 13 intensity levels,
- can serve 2 cups,
- variator (Cappuccino),
- good capacity of coffee beans (250 grams),
- automatic cleaning and descaling,
- water filtration.
- its very high price, but having been the subject of a very interesting promotion and which reflects its range well.
3. The Krups EA82FE, for a coffee rich in aromas and reliable equipment
More than the majority of users simply agree to give the maximum score for this product, showing their praise! In reality, the rare criticisms formulated mainly concern the rather massive release of water that the coffee maker can make from time to time, forcing the drip tray to be emptied fairly regularly. Finally, we note the emphasis placed by consumers on the taste of coffee, the tastiest!
- Its power of 1450W
- Its capacity of 1.7L
- The taste of coffee
- The drink options, especially with the milk reserve
- The drip tray should be emptied regularly
- Bulky machine
4. The Delonghi ETAM29.66, for coffee personalization
An undeniable majority of consumers greatly appreciate the virtues of this model: indeed, more than 70% of them thus award a well-deserved 5/5 to the model. However, they do not fail to identify some areas for improvement, such as maintenance or the price, relatively high given the technical characteristics. These two points aside, users are thus amply delighted.
- Many drinks: coffee, Caffelatte, Flat White, Doppio, Cappuccino, tea … especially with Latte Crema
- Control via buttons and display on one screen
- Personalization of coffee: pre-infusion, quantity of water and coffee, grinding …
- Its quality stainless steel construction
- Quite important price
- Cleaning the milk nozzle can be quite tedious
5. The Philips EP5365 / 10 S5000, for the strength and quality of the ceramic grinder
If the price remains a little too high for some customers, all agree on the excellent quality of construction of the device, which one points towards its design in stainless steel itself or towards its ceramic grinder, in particular.
Practical facilities also appear to be an asset, even if they can still be improved, for example for maintenance and despite an automatic “Milk Clean” and a removable brew group. Overall, more than 75% of consumers give this machine a 5/5.
- Manufacturing quality (stainless steel + ceramic for the crusher)
- Possible many drinks: Expresso, Cappuccino, Latte Macchiato …
- “Aroma Seals” preserve the aromas of the grains
- The “Memo” function
- Regular maintenance remains laborious
- The tank capacity decreases with the filter
6. The Krups YY8135FD, for its many practical facilities
Certainly one of the best value for money for consumers, because while they certainly spot obvious defects (such as noise), they generally appreciate the performance of the model, both in its sublimation of the aromas of the coffee beans and in the the many practical facilities they offer.
- Large capacities (water and grain tank capacity)
- Practical facilities welcome
- A thermoblock system to guarantee temperature uniformity from the first cup
- The power of 1450W
- At this price, more customization options would have been nice
- Quite noisy compared to the rest of the comparison
7. The Delonghi ESAM3200S, a reliable model
Delonghi offers here a device offering a particularly extensive use. It is up to you to take full control of your coffee, by defining its quantity, that of the water and again the grinding. Also aiming for quality, the manufacturer offers a product with perfect finishes, offering a good coffee with a preserved aroma.
- pressure 15 bar,
- possibility of using the coffee machine for coffee beans or ground,
- quality of materials,
- use of a steam nozzle (possibility of preparing other drinks).
- Quite noisy compared to models of the same range.
8. The Melitta Caffeo Solo E 950-103, the most complete and for excellent coffee quality
With this machine, Melitta aims to preserve the quality of the coffee by introducing a perfectly developed grinding, extraction and humidification system. Indeed, the model incorporates a pre-humidification system, which makes it possible to capture the different aromas of coffee as much as possible – perfect for those who are looking for an automatic coffee maker for quality coffee!
- pressure of 15 bars,
- large water tank (1.2 liters),
- three different grinds for a coffee with a more or less strong taste,
- unparalleled coffee quality,
- several temperatures,
- automatic cleaning.
- no steam nozzle (which limits the versatility of the appliance),
- noise (66 decibels)
- its price, a little expensive, although being the subject of a promotion.
9. The Krups YY8125FD, for intensive use
- pressure 15 bars,
- pleasant milk froth function
- easy maintenance,
- adjustable grinding,
- tank with a capacity of 1.6 liters
- capacity of the coffee bean container (up to 500 grams).
- not compatible with ground coffee,
- vibration of the base that moves the small espresso cups
- a little difficult to access at the beginning (lack of ergonomics),
10. The Philips EP2220 / 10, for its ease of use
For this model, Philips and Saeco have joined forces to offer a product calling on different, but high-quality know-how, which gives a truly original dimension to the machine.
If there is only one button for the temperature, it has on the other hand been very well thought out, so that the temperature is perfect for immediate consumption. The performance of this model allows, moreover, to obtain a good coffee, in particular thanks to the ceramic grinder, allowing a perfect pressing and grinding of the coffee beans.
- easy to store (compact coffee maker),
- easy to use,
- very good water distribution,
- easy to maintain (even if regular maintenance is necessary),
- very good quality coffee.
- its price, although in promotion, but which is justified by a high quality of manufacture,
- limited tank capacity,
- self-cleaning function that uses a lot of water.
Buying guides – How to choose the best bean coffee machine?
1. Tank capacity
The entry-level offer tanks with a capacity of around 1 L which is linked to that of their grain container. Conversely, the most efficient coffee makers currently have more options and rather display 1.7 L. This larger capacity, which promotes daily use by the whole family, is not their only asset. Indeed, thanks to their options, various drinks are achievable and the flavors of the coffee are exalted. So first of all it will be a question of simply thinking about the number of people who are going to use this coffee machine!
2. The interview
Since an automatic coffee maker represents a certain investment, it is important to maintain it to preserve the flavor of your coffee. Some coffee machines include, for example, automatic cleaning or descaling. Finally, to avoid lime deposits, consider using filtered water to clean your coffee machine !
If the pressure is important, know that 9 bars of pressure are sufficient to achieve a good Espresso.
4. The noise
Quiet models feature a ceramic grinder rather than steel. Some products may be louder than their market counterparts. Indeed, if the noise level is on average 65 dB (A), some coffee makers go further.
5. The options available
These coffee machines designed to meet our taste expectations have several options, some of which are more recurring than others.
- Different intensity settings thanks to the pressure (obtaining a soft or strong drink)
- Choice of coffee length
- Different grinding levels (fine for a ristretto and coarse for an airy coffee)
- Automatic cleaning of the steam nozzle after use
- Integrated milk tank and frother
- Adjustable temperature or intelligent water heating system adapted to the amount of coffee to be produced
- Varieties of drinks offered
6. The price
If prices currently vary between 239.99 euros for a model of the Melitta brand, to 2499.00 euros for a model of the DeLonghi brand, the top 10 coffee makers display a price range of between 259.00 euros for the Melitta Caffeo Solo E 950-103 and 1223, 99 euros for the Saeco Xelsis SM7683 / 00.
What are the benefits of coffee made with a bean machine? They are less polluting than machines requiring pods or capsules. What’s more, the freshly ground coffee beans bring out all the aromas of the latter for an unforgettable experience.
FAQs – Frequently Asked Questions
1. Bean or ground coffee machine?
The ground coffee machine has lower prices, the coffee is easy to use and you get your drink back faster. However, the taste obtained, although interesting, is not worth the more powerful one of a freshly ground coffee. Fans prefer the bean coffee machine.
2. Which brand of grain coffee maker to choose?
Coffee lovers know the importance of obtaining it from freshly ground beans. Find below, renowned brands that specialize in the manufacture of grain coffee makers.
- DeLonghi : This Italian brand, the most important in producing coffee machines, has been in existence since 1902
- Krups : The German brand offers models that are practical, reliable or for frequent use
- Philips : It is a Dutch brand existing since 1891 and renowned for the quality of the espressos extracted from the devices it sells
- Saeco : Italian brand created in 1981, it offers manual or automatic coffee makers
- Melitta : German, this brand, created in 1908, is the one who designed the coffee filter and which today offers very complete bean coffee makers.
- Jura : Of Swiss origin, the Jura brand, created in 1931, is an expert in the manufacture of high quality automatic bean coffee machines.
Designed to serve one or two cups simultaneously, automatic bean coffee makers provide finesse and intensity in the aroma of the coffee. The capacity of their reservoirs allows for several cups. Their frequent use is facilitated. Some allow you to make latte or latte macchiato coffees in addition to traditional espressos.
3. Is the grinder necessary for my bean coffee maker?
Know that this is the very principle of the bean coffee maker, and that this is what allows it to extract the aromas of coffee as well for a high-end drink. So remember to pay particular attention to customer and user reviews on the forums regarding the shredders of the different models. Note that a ceramic grinder is always a good reference.
4. How do I clean my bean to cup coffee machine?
If you are one of the many coffee lovers or cafe owners who have a bean to cup coffee machine, then you should be spending time learning how to clean it. The number one factor in keeping your coffee maker in good condition is regular cleaning. Daily, weekly and monthly cleaning based on the job. Espresso machines have different cleaning requirements and methods to the bean to cup coffee machines. When you rent a coffee making equipment from Nationwide Coffee, service staff will provide you with a complete cleaning demo including cleaning all parts of the machine. You will learn the proper way of cleaning the filters, heating elements and water reservoir. When you rent bean to cup coffee machines, you should be sure to request cleaning as part of the rental agreement. However, if you find that there are no instructions or cleaning tips provided with the coffee making equipment, then you need to take care of the cleaning by yourself. The first step is to read the cleaning procedure again from the instruction manual, carefully. Then, wash the filter using a back-flush detergent, making sure to rinse well. Next, thoroughly wash the heating element, the drip tray and the drip basket with fresh water, taking care not to squeeze out the spent coffee in the basket. Finally, wipe down all cleaning surfaces using a cloth with mild soap. Allow the machine to cool down before removing the filter, and then you are ready to make a fresh pot of coffee.
5. Are there any downsides to bean to cup coffee machines?
When it comes to coffee machines, there is no denying that they have become very popular over the years. One of the reasons why people have come to enjoy them is because of the convenience they provide, as well as their ability to produce a quality cup of coffee each time. Nowadays, there are so many different types of coffee machines that you can choose from, which means that finding the best one for you could end up being quite difficult. If you want to find a particular machine that will meet all of your needs, however, then it will be important to take a look at what bean to cup coffee machines have to offer. The first thing that most people will notice about these machines is that they are quite unique. For most home users, choosing the right coffee machine is going to be a difficult process, as there are simply too many options available on the market. While some people prefer to buy coffee beans and grind them themselves, others prefer to purchase pre-ground beans from specialty shops. Regardless of what type of coffee lover you are, it should be easy to find a coffee machine that you can use easily, since these machines all use pre-measured coffee beans that are designed to produce a specific amount of caffeine. Once you find a good bean to cup machine, all that you need to do is make sure that you have plenty of ground beans ready before you start brewing. If you like the idea of having a coffee machine that is automated, then you may not be able to appreciate the benefits of this kind of equipment. However, if you are someone who enjoys grinding their own beans and has a grinder at home, then this type of coffee maker can actually be quite enjoyable. Even if you do not enjoy the act of grinding your beans, you can still use the machine in order to make sure that you get the freshest product possible. It is possible to get very strong coffee that contains hundreds of milligrams of caffeine; however, most people prefer a milder brew. For that reason, the majority of coffee lovers prefer to purchase a bean to cup machine that can produce strong and subtle flavors without using large amounts of caffeine.
6. Are bean to cup coffee machines models any good?
When you want to make the perfect cup of coffee, you will want to check out the Are Bean to Cup Coffee Machines that is available. You can choose from many different styles and models. These machines use pre-ground beans that are freshly picked each day. They are then placed in a large hopper where the machine will automatically make fresh coffee when you want it. There is no more need to guess when you are making a fresh cup of coffee. Are bean to cup coffee machines good for special occasions? The Are Bean to Cup Coffee Machines can be used for everyday use or special occasions. There are many different designs of coffee machines that you will find available. They are designed to last a long time so they are also a great choice for special occasions because you know that they will work when you need them. Some are even designed so that they are easy to clean so you can keep them running smoothly. Are bean to cup coffee machines expensive? It all depends on what brand and model you purchase. However, most of them are priced fairly, depending on the size of the machine. Some companies even offer discounts on certain models if you buy more than one. The cost of a machine can vary as well depending on the brand that you choose. You can shop around and compare prices online or at your local store.
The best bean to cup coffee machines also make good espresso machines and as they are made to extract the milk, this means that you can use the same grounds you use for your espresso to make a really delicious cappuccino or latte. In terms of extracting the milk, you need to put in the right amount of water so that the beans aren’t over-roasted. It’s common for the espresso to be a bit dry but if the tamping valve isn’t turned in far enough, then you won’t be getting the full flavour from the beans.